Looking to learn new things, give back to your community, and have fun? The Bolsa Chica Conservancy is a small non-profit organization so we are highly dependent on our incredible crew of dedicated volunteers. Volunteering at the Conservancy can be a unique opportunity to get involved with your local wetlands! We have many different volunteer positions ranging from one-time volunteer events to long-term volunteer positions. Because of our small size here at Bolsa Chica, we have many different types of volunteer positions for all different skill sets. Information on every volunteer opportunity can be found below!
One-time Volunteer Events:
- Wetland Restoration Events:
- When: Second Sunday & Last Saturday of each month, 9:00am-12:00pm
- Where: 3842 Warner Ave. Huntington Beach, CA 92649
- Wear close-toed shoes, layered clothing, protection from the sun and bring water.
- Ages 6 years – Adult (Kids under 14 need to be supervised by an adult)
- Donations of heavy duty trash bags, work gloves, and bottled water assist us greatly!
- RSVP: Eric at 714-846-1114 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a long-term volunteer simply by attending one of our monthly volunteer training sessions!
- Monthly Training Sessions (click here to download the flyer *)
- This 3-hour session will discuss the Bolsa Chica Conservancy and our programs, natural and human history of the Bolsa Chica Wetlands, and which areas volunteers can get involved. It will also include a short walk along the trails, so please wear close-toed shoes and bring water and sun protection.
- RSVP to Whitney at 714-846-1114 or email@example.com
- Volunteer Opportunities:
- Bolsa Chica Conservancy provides a variety of science-based education programs for ages Pre K to College, as well as public tours of the wetlands. As a naturalist, you will help us provide fun activities covering wetland ecology and history. You will get a chance to lead outdoor science labs and educational tours of the wetlands, providing fun interactive programs for students, scouts and adults alike. We provide training for all of our Naturalists and Assistant Naturalists, so experience is not necessary!
- Restoration Volunteer
- Help us to restore native habitats at Bolsa Chica by removing invasive plant species and installing native plants. Restoration volunteers will get a chance to clean up our wetlands with trash pick-ups and even occasional kayak clean-ups. Restoration volunteers may also help with growing native plants and educating the public.
- Interpretive Center Host
- Our interpretive center is open every day from 9:00am-4:00pm and provides the public with the perfect opportunity to learn about Bolsa Chica wetland ecology. The interpretive center is a great place for the public to learn about the animals and plants they may encounter on the trails! As an enthusiastic host, you will help welcome visitors to our center and answer questions about our wetlands and the public trails. Typical hosting shifts are 9:00am-12:00pm and 12:00pm-4:00pm. Training will be provided so no experience is necessary!