Windows to Our Wetlands
Windows to Our Wetlands (WOW) is a mobile science-education program focused on reaching schools and students that would normally be unable to venture beyond their school to see local, native habitats up-close and personal. WOW offers interactive learning stations and hands-on, science-based activities made to make science fun and memorable. WOW offers education programs for all grade levels!
During a WOW program, students will have the opportunity to:
• Explore human connections to the natural world
• Discover the secrets and wonders of a saltwater marsh
• Understand what watersheds are and how it’s connected all connected to the ocean
• Learn about nutrient-rich and diverse ecosystems, including marine life, terrestrial animals and endemic plants
• See and touch live animals native to Southern California and the Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve!
Windows to Our Wetlands is also a part of a high school water education program sponsored by the Municipal Water District of Orange County (MWDOC). For more information about MWDOC’s water education programs, please contact MWDOC or your local water district.
Suggested donations for a WOW program begin at $210 and will vary depending on distance traveled and length of program.* Financial assistance may be available on a case by case basis.
To schedule a WOW program at your school or organization, or for more information, please contact Whitney Thompson. Phone: (714) 846-1114, Email: email@example.com