Long Term Volunteering
Become a long-term volunteer simply by attending one of our monthly volunteer training sessions!
(Click here to download the 2023 flyer.)
- This 3-hour session will discuss the Bolsa Chica Conservancy and our programs, natural and human history of the Bolsa Chica Wetlands, and which areas volunteers can get involved. It will also include a short walk along the trails, so please wear close-toed shoes and bring water and sun protection.
- Sign-up for our next Volunteer Training (5/6).
- Find all our trainings and other volunteer opportunities through our Volunteer Calendar.
- Bolsa Chica Conservancy provides a variety of science-based education programs for ages Pre K to College, as well as public tours of the wetlands. As a naturalist, you will help us provide fun activities covering wetland ecology and history. You will get a chance to lead outdoor science labs and educational tours of the wetlands, providing fun interactive programs for students, scouts and adults alike. We provide training for all of our Naturalists and Assistant Naturalists, so experience is not necessary!
- Help us to restore native habitats at Bolsa Chica by removing invasive plant species and installing native plants. Restoration volunteers will get a chance to clean up our wetlands with trash pick-ups and even occasional kayak clean-ups. Restoration volunteers may also help with growing native plants and educating the public.
- Our interpretive center is open every day from 9:00am-4:00pm and provides the public with the perfect opportunity to learn about Bolsa Chica wetland ecology. The interpretive center is a great place for the public to learn about the animals and plants they may encounter on the trails! As an enthusiastic host, you will help welcome visitors to our center and answer questions about our wetlands and the public trails. Typical hosting shifts are 9:00am-12:00pm and 12:00pm-4:00pm. Training will be provided so no experience is necessary!