Visit Us Text & Map
See the many exhibits featured at our interpretive center and check in with our team member at the front desk to learn about current events and programs, local wildlife, and conservation issues in the Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve.
What You Will Find Here
Our interpretive center is full of exhibits and information detailing the history of the Bolsa Chica Ecological reserve, as well as the many elements that can be discovered there.
- Our aquariums featuring Bat Stars, Ochre Stars, Giant-spined Stars, Kellet’s Whelks, Chestnut Cowries, Striped Shore Crabs, and even a California Spiny Lobster!
- Interpretive panels with a wide array of information about Bolsa Chica, including wetland ecology, native species, endangered and protected species, human history, and habitat restoration.
- Various local reptiles live reptiles such as California Kingsnakes, San Diego Gopher Snake, Coastal Rosy Boa, and Alligator Lizards.
- Taxidermy including opossums, snakes and birds such as the Great Blue Heron, California Brown Pelican, Cooper’s Hawk, Red-shouldered Hawk, and Anna’s Hummingbird.
The Center Important Info
9 AM – 4 PM Mon to Sun.
There are two parking lots for the reserve. Parking is free, however please keep in mind that parking in these lots fills up quickly on weekends. There is additional parking in a public lot across from the North Parking Lot near the Huntington Beach Fire Station.
- North Parking. 3842 Warner Avenue Huntington Beach, CA 92647 The Bolsa Chica Conservancy Interpretive Center is located at the North Lot
- South Parking. 18000 Pacific Coast Highway Huntington Beach, CA 92647
If you have any questions, please contact us at:
F: (714) 846-4065
E: firstname.lastname@example.org (Staff directory)
Planning a Visit?
Head to our “Visitor’s Toolkit” page to equip yourself with information and other resources for your visit.